About the job
Lead Consultant, Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Research, track, and profile the latest cyber threats targeting Australia and the financial industry.
- Produce world-class threat intelligence and collaborate with law enforcement, industry, and government to reduce the impact of cyber threats
- Lead, learn, build, and innovate as part of a tight knit unit in one of Australia’s most advanced Cyber Threat Intelligence teams.
It’s more than a career at NAB. It’s about more opportunity, more moments to make a difference and more focus on you.
You make NAB. You get it done for our customers and our communities. You’re laying the foundations for NAB’s future success. Together we’ll grow, excel for our customers, and make this a workplace to be proud of.
It’s a good time to see what more you can find at NAB as a Lead Consultant, Cyber Threat Intelligence.
As a Lead Consultant, Cyber Threat and Vulnerability Intelligence at NAB, you will investigate trending global cyber events, emerging dark web threats, threats directly targeting the bank and use your own research skills to find pieces of information, connect the dots and identify and attribute threat actor’s motivations, tools, tactics, techniques (TTPs), and procedures.
You will apply your understanding of the cyber threat landscape for stakeholders to replicate and mitigate threats, prioritise detection and response, and ensure the bank is focusing on the right initiatives to protect NAB Group, by producing various strategic, operational, and tactical intelligence outputs. This will also include responding to stakeholders’ Request for Information (RFIs) and creating intelligence reports, which will require an independent, thorough, and diverse individual, capable of creating accurate, relevant, and complete intelligence outputs to the highest industry standards.
You will also utilise your knowledge of Threat Intelligence Platforms and industry taxonomies to engineer the collection, processing, and dissemination of threat intelligence to controls, attack simulation solutions and vulnerability management. This role will require leadership skills to mentor and guide other analysts in various cyber security tradecraft, and be able to run operational meetings, and support incident response teams in the event of an incident.
- Understand and research threats targeting or may impact NAB Group and our customers and produce trustworthy, actionable, and timely intelligence products
- Create world-class threat intelligence collaborate with law enforcement, industry, and government to reduce the impact of cyber threats targeting NAB Group, Australia, and the Global Financial Industry
- Pioneer NAB’s threat and data led strategy to influence the strategic, operational, and tactical decisions to protect the NAB Group from Cyber Threats
- Utilise Threat Intelligence Platforms and SIEMs, to create a library of threats directly relevant to the group
The role and Day to day will include:
- Daily threat calls and regular threat briefings to advise stakeholders of the most recent threats, how they work and why they are important to NAB Group
- Application of Diamond Model Intrusion and Mitre Attack in the assessment cyber threats across strategic, operational, and technical domains
- Analyse ongoing attacks as phishing, DDoS, data leakage, ransomware and more, to assess their origin, purpose, and impact to NAB Group
- Document, prioritise and operationalise the collection, process, analysis, production, and dissemination of threat intelligence based on stakeholder requirements.
- Respond to customers' RFIs and investigate them according to the time and scope defined, while using every tool and technique at your disposal to uncover new information
What you will bring:
- 5-8 years of experience in mid-senior roles in incident response, malware analysis, detection engineering, intrusion analyst or digital forensics in the cyber security industry
- 1-2 years in cyber threat Intelligence
- A passionate yet humble professional with experience in communicating threats to both technical and non-technical stakeholders and follow through to achieve outcomes.
- Experience in investigating threats, utilizing OSINT, closed sources, and other research techniques to uncover threat actors and their TTPs while providing context to threats and reaching conclusions from incomplete or missing data.
- Technical know-how on extracting threat data (IP's, domains, ports, malware, and malicious communications) from multiple sources.
- Business understanding and familiarly with corporate security solutions.
- Experience in leading and mentoring small groups
A diverse and inclusive workplace works better for everyone.
At NAB, we’re intent on building a culture we can all be proud of. One based on trust and respect. An uplifting environment where every single one of us feels appreciated and empowered to be our true, authentic selves. A diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences are celebrated, and our contributions are valued. It’s a huge part of what makes NAB such a special place to be.
More focus on you
We are committed to delivering a positive experience for our colleagues and a workplace you can be proud of. We support our colleagues to balance their careers and personal life through flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working and job sharing and competitive financial and lifestyle benefits. We invest in our colleagues through world class development programs (Distinctive Leadership and Career Qualified in Banking), and empower you to learn, grow and pursue exciting career opportunities.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. If you require any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process or the role, please let the recruitment consultant know.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.