About the job
Company Description Every person at Leidos plays an important and valued role bringing science, engineering and technology together to produce practical solutions for our customers’ most complex problems. It’s how we help to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient - work that matters and a mission, like those of our customers, we are passionate about. We’re open minded, ambitious and committed to enabling our people to do their best work, to be inspired by what they can achieve and the impact they can have. Here in Australia, we’re agile and growing fast. Our 1,700 employees are busy building an enviable reputation for innovation and delivery. And, as part of a US-based organisation with 37,000 people and a 50 year history, we are able to draw upon world-leading technical expertise to help us provide the best solutions to our customers.
Job Description Defence has engaged Leidos for a new Program of work to conduct a large migration of business systems. The Program will have a dedicated delivery organisation, and we are seeking highly motivated and appropriately experienced staff to help us deliver outstanding results.This role will report to the capability lead in a matrix organisation, which supports the delivery of a range of complex projects and programs. This is an opportunity to join a Program at the initiation phase.
- Perform firewall engineering functions including design, implementation and optimisation in a large enterprise environment.
- Provide in-depth analysis on existing firewalls and security architecture and make recommendations for system and environment enhancements.
- Analyse, develop, enhance, secure and test complex firewall designs.
- Troubleshoot firewall performance issues. Analyse network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions.
- Develop and revise network security technical documentation.
- Represent established security standards and policies to the broader firewall management group
- Work alongside a dedicated firewall architecture function to drive the strategic direction of network security capabilities.
- With the assistance of security architecture and engineering, interpret complex security policies and design new firewall standard operating procedures.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of firewall operation, technology, advancements and new security concepts.
QualificationsAbout YouYou Will Also Have The FollowingYou are an experienced security engineer within a complex, regulated environment and have a good knowledge and interest in a broad range of systems and enterprise security architecture.
- Understanding of Network Protocols commonly used in a large Enterprise and how they relate to Firewall configuration (you should be able to explain the difference between NFS, DNS, IPSec and RPC at a protocol level and how that relates to Firewall Policy design).
- Solid understanding of modern firewalls including Palo Alto and Cisco firewalls or equivalent firewall technology
- Demonstrated experience within network security or firewall engineering
- Experience with change control and ITL framework
- 5+ years of network security engineering experience in large scale deployments
- Interest/Experience in Container and cloud security solutions (Prisma Cloud, Tanium)
Due to the nature of the role, the successful candidate must hold a government NV1 security clearance. Additional Information This position can be based in either Canberra or Melbourne and due to the nature of this work the successful candidate will need to be an Australian Citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance.
What You’ll Love At Leidos you’ll enjoy 12 weeks’ paid parental leave as a primary carer, flexible work practices, discounted health insurance, novated leasing and more. Foster your career through complete access to learning and development and mentoring opportunities, we have a strong track record of internal promotion and career transitions. Join a company who acknowledges “People First”.