About the job
About our Role:
We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Software Test Engineer in Sydney NSW to join our multi-disciplinary Geospatial team. Your main responsibility will be to collaborate with project managers, business analysts, developers, designers, and support analysts to develop test cases and acceptance criteria, manage testing processes and resolve defects and issues.
What you will be involved in:
- Leading the planning, development and execution of Quality Assurance activities including the development of test strategies and test plans.
- Undertaking functional, integration, performance, and user acceptance testing.
- Developing test cases from requirements, functional specifications, solution architectures and designs.
- Writing acceptance criteria for Agile user stories.
- Developing automation tests, such as Web UI and Application Programming Interface tests.
- Implementing build verification, smoke, and regression tests in CI/CD Pipelines.
- Taking ownership of the defect management and fix approach of our software development projects.
- Collaborating with the support team to test scheduled releases and hotfixes.
- Performing analysis of test results and preparing test reports.
What we would like from you:
- 4-8 years hands-on experience as a test engineer in a consulting environment, or internal ICT team.
- Extensive experience planning, developing, documenting, and implementing test plans and test strategies for enterprise software development projects.
- Experience in all phases of end-to-end software testing (functional, integration, performance, and user acceptance testing) in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Strong experience in the development of automation tests using common test frameworks.
- Experience with Agile test management tools (e.g. JIRA/Confluence) and ITSM issue management tools (e.g. Service Now, Freshservice).
- Experience undertaking end-to-end testing for enterprise geospatial platform development projects leveraging commercial or open-source geospatial technologies.
- Knowledge of DevOps and software release methodologies, including an understanding of the process of deploying custom software applications to cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Certification in relevant standards, e.g. Certified Associate in Software Testing (CAST)
Nova's Value Proposition; Beyond the pay cheque:
In addition to salary, you are supported with:
- Flexible working conditions to suit individual needs and dress for your day
- Reward & Recognition Program offering exclusive discounts from hundreds of major retailers, helping you to save on groceries, petrol, holidays and more!
- An inclusive and supportive culture
To apply, please click on the "apply now" button and submit your resume using the "upload resume" function in PDF Format (only). Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please call Lily Joshua in the Nova Talent Acquisition Team on: (08) 8252 7100
Nova Systems does not accept any recruitment agency solicitations.
Nova Systems is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, where everyone feels safe, valued, and included, where our people are our point of difference.