About the job
Service Desk Analyst
We are Fujitsu. A Japanese company with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do better and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full selves to work. We call this Be Completely You.
We are inclusive. As a responsible business, it is important to us that we reflect the diversity of our society and customers. Globally, Fujitsu is not only a Disability Confident company, a Times Top 50 employer for Women, and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter. We are also committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and in Australia we have been recognised as an AWEI Gold employer for our LGBTI+ inclusion. We also have specific inclusion efforts with First Nations Peoples in New Zealand through our Maori and Pacific Peoples Inclusion Plan and in Australia with our Reconciliation Action Plan.
We are people centric. This means we care about our people (and their families and communities) and appreciate that everyone has a life outside of work. By supporting our people to Work Your Way, we empower them to achieve a flexible and respectful approach to work which suits them and our customers best - this could be working hours, location, or a flexible approach to their working day.
We want you to thrive. If working for a progressive organisation, with a continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion is important, you should apply.
Shape your world and achieve together
The purpose of the Service Desk Analyst is to provide a high quality, single point of contact, as part of a Service Desk service to Fujitsu’s customers that includes the management of all incidents, queries, service requests through to successful resolution and closure. This is to be achieved by the Service Desk Analyst fulfilling the responsibilities for the role.
Building your own path to success:
· Provide a high level of customer service throughout all communications with the end user.
· All contacts put through (via telephone, email, self-service interface, or fax) to each Service Desk Analyst are to be captured and recorded into the standard service management software, as Incidents, Queries, Complaints, Service Requests, or Change Requests. This is performed in accordance with the Service Desk Script and call logging procedures. All mandatory information is to be captured and confirmed as per the directions in the Service Desk Script.
· Respond efficiently to all contacts in accordance with applicable Service Level Agreements, Operational Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
· All Incidents, Queries, Complaints, Service Requests, or Change Requests must be initially diagnosed via troubleshooting following the directions in the applicable procedures. This includes the correct categorisation and assignment of priority.
· To be familiar with and compliant to all procedures applicable to the Service Desk, as published in document repository for the Service Desk which the Service Desk Analyst works on.
· Provide advice and information on procedures or technical fixes to the end user in order to ensure a successful resolution to the issue or query.
· Provide continual end user contact as per the Fujitsu Incident Management Procedure/Fujitsu Service Request Management Procedure, so as to manage the end user’s expectations and requirements through to Incident/Service Request resolution
· To be familiar with, and to ensure achievement of Customer Contractual Service Level Targets for all Service Desk services including contact handling (phone email and other) as well as Incidents and Service Requests.
· To actively manage and take ownership of all Incidents, Queries, Complaints, Service Requests that are assigned to the Service Desk Analyst (or which have been logged by the Service Desk Analyst) through to resolution. This is to be done via monitoring, tracking and communication with other groups as required, in accordance with Fujitsu’s Incident Management Procedure. This includes escalation to 2nd level Resolver Groups, or to 3rd party service providers, where required, and also closure upon resolution in accordance with the defined process.
· Continue to record into the standard service management software, all activities performed as part of the management of all issues or queries worked on up to and including closure.
· Service Desk Analysts on a Technical Service Desk where there is an SLA for “Fixed-on-First” are also to make all possible attempts to resolve all resolvable Incidents and Service Requests within a ten minute window using personal technical knowledge, knowledge base articles, procedures and scripted questions. When this is not possible, Incidents and Service Requests are to be escalated in accordance with set procedures and service level targets.
· To be familiar with and compliant to all Security policies applicable to the operation of the Service Desk including both Fujitsu and customer policies.
· To be familiar with and to demonstrate improvement in achieving the Key Performance Indicators, as well as the Company Core Competencies and Role Based Competencies for the role.
· Participate in team meetings to focus team on key activities of improvement, achieving weekly performance targets.
· Recommend improvements in processes where identified to the Service Desk Team Leader, to support consistent and efficient delivery of business outcomes and reduce variances.
· Contribute to the Knowledge bases that the team uses by creating/ reviewing/ updating knowledge articles at the required frequency.
· Experience in a customer service role either in a service industry or computer support role for at least 12 months, demonstrating an advanced practice of customer service
· Intermediate communication skills, both written and face-to-face
· Advanced telephone skills including the use of empathy with customer’s situation and ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical customers.
· Advanced team participation
· Basic team building
· Intermediate conflict resolution
· Intermediate self motivation
· Advanced personal management: punctuality, attendance, and presentation
· Intermediate time management
· Knowledge of call logging, escalation and follow-up procedures
· Knowledge of first level service centre call resolution
· Knowledge of escalation procedures
· Hardware and software troubleshooting including determination of an issue as an Incident
· Awareness of ITIL best practice methodology
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the inherent requirements of the role, candidates must be Australian Citizens. The role will or will likely involve access to controlled technology, must satisfy additional restrictions and requirements as a consequence of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and the Export Administration Regulations. As a consequence of these restrictions and requirements, applicants may be adversely impacted if they are not Australian citizens, are dual nationals, hold citizenship from proscribed countries or are not of Australian national origin. Please refer to Discrimination (Fujitsu Australia Limited) Exemption 2017 (No 1) Notifiable instrument NI2020-672 (ACT ).