About the job
Job Requisition ID: 27381
Deloitte drives progress. Our extensive service spectrum of auditing, technology consulting, tax consulting, business consulting and corporate finance consulting enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte invests in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
We manage innovative solutions for Australia’s most prominent companies using a combination of open-source software, cloud-native application architectures, thought leadership and a focus on business value.
We’re looking for an experienced Integration Engineer who can provide BAU support, development and enhancement to our customers. The environment is a modern DevOps offering with a variety of technologies listed below.
- Suitable candidates based in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne or willing to work remote from anywhere in Australia will be considered**
You are someone with
- 5+ years Java development experience
- Experience with Data Streaming technologies – such as Kafka.
- Willing to work in a primarily ops environment and provide on call support on a rotating roster
- Experience delivering and/or supporting cloud-based products and/or services
- Strong experience in Devops and implementing and/or using CI/CD processes
- Must be an Australian Citizen and willing to obtain an NV1 Australian security clearance (or already have clearance)
Also, good to have
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, OR equivalent industry experience
- Containerisation/Kubernetes experience
- Strong understanding of Kafka APIs, including Kafka Connect, K-Streams, Consumer Producer APIs.
- Exposure to AWS or Azure (Logic apps, lambda)
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Some of our Benefits include:
- Global opportunities – for the travel bugs out there!
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
- Career breaks for up to 12 months – for study, travel, volunteering, or personal interests
- Salary packing including novated car leasing
- Reimbursements for professional development
- Paid professional memberships
- Discounted health insurance
- Gym discounts – Fitness First, Xtend Barre, HealthPass… the list goes on!
- Technology discounts – from Apple, HP, Lenovo, Windows… the list goes on!
- Banking, finance and well-being program discounts
- Exclusive leisure travel discounts – access corporate rates for hotels and insurance
- Salary packaging – to suit your personal and financial circumstances
- Pay for performance incentives – your hard work won’t go unnoticed
- Superannuation with ethical investment options
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provide