About the job
Role Purpose & Environment
TPG Telecom own and operate nationwide mobile and fixed networks that are connecting Australia for the better. As the second largest telecommunications company listed on the ASX, TPG Telecom has a strong challenger spirit and a commitment to delivering the best services and products to our customers. We are driving competition and choice for businesses and consumers across Australia. The Fibre Engineering division is responsible for the expansion of TPG's robust national fibre network into commercial and residential buildings, mobile sites, DCs, POIs and other internal fibre infrastructure projects.
The Project Officer will be responsible for assist with fibre service delivery activity, including all construction and deployment activities whilst driving key business outcomes and KPIs. This person will be providing support on multiple projects at any one time.
We are a dynamic business; this brings new opportunities for our customers and our people. Being adaptable, managing change and maintaining resilience is key to success for all of us at TPG. Due to the dynamic nature of the business your responsibilities may change over time as the business evolves.
- Contractor Management and Reporting
- Project Support activity
- Manage and monitor Project Budgets
- Communicate with stakeholders internally and externally to ensure requirements, status and expectations are met;
- Communicating with other carriers and external utilities and authorities;
- Arranging access into buildings and Data Centres;
- Ensure orders are installed as per TPG Specifications;
- Assist with domain reports to leadership team
- Updating internal databases and projects
- Assist other team members as required;
- Reconciliation of all project lifecycle requirements; Public
- Other Ad-Hoc Duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline (e.g. Engineering, Telecommunications, Project Management.)
- Experience and knowledge in Telecommunications fibre network deployment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer skills
- Experience in reporting and supporting complex delivery solutions.
- Good attention to detail, Persistent, eliminates roadblocks and utilises resources to get things done.
- Good Organisation skills and the ability to manage and meet competing deadlines.
Benefits And Perks
- Flexible hybrid way of working (from home and office)
- ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan
- ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – Access to a free NBN 100 plan
- ‘Your Leave’ - an additional 4 days of leave to be used whenever you like - every year
- Access to TPG Learning Hub platform and internal development opportunities
- Access to Corporate Partner Discounts
Our TPG Telecom Spirit
We believe in the power of meaningful relationships to support vibrant, connected communities where everyone belongs. You will join a supportive company that is diverse and inclusive, and celebrates what makes our employees different, as well what brings us together. We want you to bring your true self to work, and to feel like your contribution matters. We encourage ambition in everything we do, from telco solutions to customer experience, to community impact. You will have real opportunities to take charge and take control.
Bolder and better together!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and those of underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for roles unless they meet every single criteria. At TPG Telecom we recognise that what may make you different, makes the difference!
We’re all about enabling every individual to be their authentic selves and creating a place where everybody belongs. If you are excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to APPLY NOW regardless. You may just be the right candidate for this or perhaps another similar role with us.