About the job
Network Specialist – NV2
We are Fujitsu. A Japanese company with a strong set of values and a history of respecting fairness and equality, whilst promoting diversity and inclusion. We constantly push ourselves to do better and strive to bring together a diverse mix of perspectives and talents in an inclusive environment, where we encourage our people to bring their full selves to work. We call this Be Completely You.
We are inclusive. As a responsible business, it is important to us that we reflect the diversity of our society and customers. Globally, Fujitsu is not only a Disability Confident company, a Times Top 50 employer for Women, and a signatory for the Race at Work Charter. We are also committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and in Australia we have been recognised as an AWEI Gold employer for our LGBTI+ inclusion. We also have specific inclusion efforts with First Nations Peoples in New Zealand through our Maori and Pacific Peoples Inclusion Plan and in Australia with our Reconciliation Action Plan.
We are people centric. This means we care about our people (and their families and communities) and appreciate that everyone has a life outside of work. By supporting our people to Work Your Way, we empower them to achieve a flexible and respectful approach to work which suits them and our customers best - this could be working hours, location, or a flexible approach to their working day.
We want you to thrive. If working for a progressive organisation, with a continuing commitment to diversity and inclusion is important, you should apply.
Shape your world and achieve together
Exciting opportunity for a Mid - Senior Level Network Engineer with NV2 Clearance to Join our Defence portfolio, working in BAU or Projects. You will be joining a large, dispersed Network Operations team spread across all states working onsite at Defence.
Building your own path to success:
To take the next step in your next career opportunity we are seeking candidates with experience in:
- Troubleshooting, incident management and change management disciplines are essential.
- Demonstrated experience in Level 3 network operations.
- Relevant qualifications or evidence through relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of Defence Infrastructure
- Produce system design and configuration documentation.
- Work as member of small to medium sized teams.
- Deploying and supporting network technology in a large and complex environment
- Highly developed knowledge in Cisco routing, Dell Force 10 switching technologies, WAN Optimisation
- Substantial knowledge of network and firewall technologies, and other related services.
- Personal and communication skills are essential as negotiation with other Fujitsu support groups and Defence ICT Service Providers are required.
- Documentation & Procedure Maintenance skills would be an advantage.
- Security Clearance
- Onsite Canberra
- Defence experience is preferable, but not essential
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the inherent requirements of the role, candidates must be Australian Citizens and hold a minimum NV1 or NV2 Australian Federal Government Security Clearance.. The role will or will likely involve access to controlled technology, must satisfy additional restrictions and requirements as a consequence of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and the Export Administration Regulations. As a consequence of these restrictions and requirements, applicants may be adversely impacted if they are not Australian citizens, are dual nationals, hold citizenship from proscribed countries or are not of Australian national origin. Please refer to Discrimination (Fujitsu Australia Limited) Exemption 2017 (No 1) Notifiable instrument NI2020-672 (ACT