About the job
- Job no: CNHTK
Telstra Health Telstra Health offers software applications, and platforms that connect health information, patients and providers. We offer our solutions to the pharmacy, public and private hospital, primary care, diagnostic, Indigenous health, and aged, disability and community care sectors in Australia, as well as to Government and other health funders
- Implement and Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance.
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Assist developers with complex query tuning, schema refinement and code reviews.
- Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Keeps abreast of new technology and consider adopting where appropriate.
- Evaluate, recommend, manage and execute upgrades and technology enhancements as required.
What You’ll Bring
- 3 + years as a SQL Server DBA in business as usual and project settings.
- Demonstrated experience working with SQL 2012 through to 2019.
- Advanced TSQL development skills - including schema changes, stored procedures, functions, triggers etc.
- Strong data analytic abilities.
- Strong performance tuning and system optimisation skills.
- Experienced with High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for SQL Server.
- Experienced with source control (GIT).
- Understanding of Windows operating systems, security and networking.
- Working within Agile teams and autonomously and possess strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Experience with JAVA development a bonus.
- Experience with Powershell or other scripting languages a bonus.Working with us is not just about the opportunity to impact lives.
What's in it for you?
- Career progression and learning and development opportunities
- Free Telstra mobile phone and plan for eligible employees
- Purchased Annual Leave scheme
- Telstra Rewards program – access a number of employee discounts and benefits including discounts on shopping, gym memberships, movie tickets and health insurance
- Hybrid flexible working model
We will consider applications from anywhere within Australia.If you'd like to play a part in building digital health solutions that make a difference, get in touch. We'd love to hear from you.To ensure the safety and well-being of our people and customers, this role may require the successful candidate to be vaccinated against Covid-19. However, please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
- Closes in a day - 11 Nov 2022
- Published on 12 Oct 2022, 2:41 AM