About the job
- Temporary opportunity u p to 24 months, with possibility of extension or Ongoing
- We offer flexible work arrangements
- Extensive experience with Snowflake required
Who We Are
The Department of Customer Service (DCS) is a service provider and regulator, focusing on delivering first-class customer service, digital transformation and regulatory reform to create better outcomes for the people of NSW. Government Technology Platforms (GTP) forms part of Digital.NSW and delivers core and common digital capabilities and infrastructure solutions including cross sector leadership across NSW Government underpinned by the Digital Government Strategy. Our Digital Programs team within GTP is currently recruiting at scale to deliver on high profile and exciting large scale digital transformation programs.
Benefits Of Working For DCS
- Accrued flexible leave
- Hybrid working options- flexibility to work from home and office
- Potential to work anywhere in NSW
- Generous leave entitlements including up to 14 weeks parental leave
- Access to health and well-being programs including Fitness Passport
- Competitive pay and conditions
About The Role
Responsible for ensuring that data is both structured and modelled effectively so that it can be used and understood. Organises data to make it easier to understand and process, helping data analysts understand trends, opportunities, and solutions to technical problems through the use of modelling language or specific software.
- Preparing and moving ingested data through our Snowflake environment.
- Adding value to the frameworks already built and rapidly developing those frameworks.
- Preparing data for use by the team’s Visualisation Engineers.
- Work with team to gather requirements for the database design and model.
- Collaborate with the development team to design and build the data models.
- Work closely with the development team to implement data warehouse and reporting.
- Help determine and manage data cleaning requirements.
- Help determine data security needs and implement security solutions.
- Extensive experience with Snowflake
- Strong understanding of Data Warehousing principles, systems and processes
About The Project
The “Complaints, Compliance & Enforcement (CCE)” Program is key to DCS’ vision to give the people of NSW a great customer experience when they interact with NSW government regulators and forms part of the overall e. Regulation strategy to create the world's easiest and secure digital regulatory experiences. You will do this by helping to build digitally enhanced compliance and enforcement solutions, integrating tools that are easy and secure for modern proactive, risk-based regulatory practices that improve outcomes for consumers, businesses, and workers.
- Enhanced functionality in the Service NSW ‘My Business Profile’ to give businesses a consolidated view of their regulatory obligations, reducing effort for businesses to comply with their regulatory obligations
- A new case management system for regulators to manage complaints, compliance inspections and programs, and investigations & enforcement more effectively and efficiently
- Ground-breaking data-dashboards which give regulators an intelligent joined-up view of regulated businesses and industries drawing on data from across state and federal government
We can't wait to meet you! Launch your career to the next level by submitting your resume outlining how you meet the skills and experience of this role. We will then get back in touch after the closing date with the next steps.
Click Here to access the Role Description . For enquiries relating to recruitment please contact Serena Buckley via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working at Department of Customer Service
The Department of Customer Service (DCS) is a great place to work! Our values of accountability, trust, service, and integrity drive our initiatives and culture. We support innovative programs in areas as broad as digital government, consumer protection and major public works. We are an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and flexible work practices and believe our people are our greatest asset.
Visit our Careers site to find out what it means to work for us.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Flexibility
We are committed to diversity, inclusion, and new ways of working.
The Department of Customer Service serves all the people of NSW and we want to reflect that diversity in our people. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQA+ community, veterans, carers, refugees, people in regional NSW and people of all ages. We strive to be an inclusive workplace where all our people can bring their authentic selves to work without judgement.
We understand that there are different ways of getting the job done and offer flexible working arrangements where and when possible.
If you do require an adjustment during the recruitment process, please notify us on your application form or contact the recruiter via email@example.com