About the job
Job Requisition ID: 31547
- Work in a highly innovative and transformative business
- Work/life balance with access to flexible work arrangements
- Salary packaging – to suit your personal and financial circumstances
Do you thrive on developing creative and innovative insights to solve complex challenges? Want to work on next generation, cutting-edge products and services that deliver outstanding value and that are global in vision and scope? Work with other experts in your field? Work for a world-class organization that provides an exceptional career experience with an inclusive and collaborative culture?
What will your typical day look like?
As a Threat Intelligence Production and Dissemination Analyst, you will conduct analysis of and determine relevancy of threats and cyber threat landscape, and articulate recommendations for mitigating and detecting threats. The right candidate is a self-starter with excellent technical, writing, and briefing skills to perform duties such as, but not limited to, research and pivoting on behavioral and atomic indicators, researching broad and targeted attacks, creating a variety of reports, and delivering a variety of briefings. The right candidate is curious, tenacious, a problem solver, rigorous, and is a quick learner. Responsibilities include:
- Perform technical research into advanced, targeted attacks, crimeware campaigns, malware and other emerging technologies and techniques to identify and report on cyber-attacks and attackers
- Perform proactive research to identify, categorize and produce reports on new and existing threats
- Understand and evaluate the cyber threat landscape, and assess what threats are most relevant to Deloitte and the Deloitte executive audience
- Conduct insightful research on observed and noteworthy threats, as discovered using open and proprietary sources
- Produce short summaries, long analytical reports, and visual presentations on identified threats tailored to varying audiences (i.e. strategic briefs for leadership, operational reports for security operations analysts and engineers, and other products in response to emerging requirements)
- Supply actionable recommendations to other teams within the Fusion Center to bolster cyber security efforts Coordinate across a global, virtual team to deliver results in an inclusive manner amidst a diverse set of cultures and nationalities
- Provide additional support and insight to other teams within the Fusion Center as requested, assisting with incident investigation as needed Identify cognitive biases, logical fallacies, and flaws in argumentation in written reports Partake in learning opportunities via new tools and trainings to develop expertise
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You are someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree: a technology, political-science, or international studies-related field of study or equivalent education-related experience. (Journalism with experience in writing on technology or security would also be acceptable.) Required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in cyber security or intelligence analysis Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal Experience creating and presenting polished technical deliverables Technical aptitude to translate raw technical analysis into polished deliverables independently Strong familiarity with MS Office suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Historical knowledge of major cyber threat actors, major malware families, and most prominent cyberattack methods and tool Understanding of cyber threats and how intelligence is used by security appliances and operators Ability to quickly learn and develop proficiency with technical tools to perform intrusion, link, and pattern analysis.
- Ability to use open source tools such as VirusTotal, Hybrid Analysis, Domain Tools, etc. to assess indicators Familiarity with common cyber attack frameworks such as the Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond model, and ATT&CK Experience working independently and geographically separate from some team members Desire and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment Produce clearly written and concise research reports
- Ability to prepare and present research findings in both customer and public settings
- Ability to recognize and deal appropriately with confidential and sensitive information
- Desired Experience and Skills Masters degree: a technology, political-science, or international studies-related field of study or equivalent education-related experience Cybersecurity certifications: GCTI, GCIH, CEH, GREM or other related certifications. Foreign language fluency is a plus, especially in Mandarin, Japanese, and or Korean Experience with Threat Intelligence Platform software such as ThreatConnect, Anomali, MISP, or other common platforms.
- Deep understanding of host and network forensic artifacts and indicators of compromise Understanding of social media including both formal and informal venues such as forums, IRC, Jabber, Reddit, etc.
- Understanding of networking topics like how basic IP communication works, TOR, proxies, VPNs
About The Team
Deloitte Global inspires leaders at every level. We believe in investing in you, helping you embrace leadership opportunities at every step of your career, and helping you identify and hone your unique strengths. We encourage you to grow by providing formal and informal development programs, coaching and mentoring, and on-the-job challenges. We want you to ask questions, take chances, and explore the possible.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.