About the job
Role Purpose & Environment
The Cyber Incident Response & Forensic Analyst is responsible for leading the technical aspects of cyber security investigations in response to accurate and timely identification of information security. Your main objective is to protect TPG Telecom’s assets and infrastructure from cyber-attacks, through effective handling of incidents, issues, vulnerabilities, and escalations.
The successful candidate will be working on industry-leading Cyber Security tools, techniques, and best practice to navigate the continuously evolving threat landscape.
We are a dynamic business; this brings new opportunities for our customers and our people. Being adaptable, managing change and maintaining resilience is key to success for all of us at TPG. Due to the dynamic nature of the business your responsibilities may change over time as the business evolves.
- Provide technical expertise to support forensic analysis of threat landscape artefacts not limited to network packets, malware code, and security event logs
- Assist in Technology Security sponsored or led security assessments or reviews
- Day-to-day operations of the in-place security solutions and identification, investigation and resolution of security issues detected by those systems
- Maintain close relationships with key personnel and build a thorough understanding of the technical environment to identify risks, articulate threats and assist incident response efforts
- Promote security awareness and policy advocacy by supporting various internal and external stakeholders as required
- Perform forensic data collection and investigation in response to security incidents as required
- Leverage tools, threat intelligence and technical expertise to provide further insight into threats
- Respond to information security incidents, including engaging in counter-phishing exercises as required
- Assist in efforts to proactively hunt for indicators of compromise and indicators of attack
- Provide recommendations for alert tuning and policy improvement
- Author incident reports for peer and senior audience
- Participate in development efforts for Use Case and Playbook development
- Provide recommendations in development, automation and maintenance of Technology Security dashboards and reports for peer and executive audience
- Assist in organising and conducting penetration testing and vulnerability scanning
- Assist in validation of vulnerability scanning and penetration testing results.
Knowledge & Experience
- Formal tertiary qualification in IT or Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of information security concepts and technologies
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Information Security related experience, in areas such as: security operations, incident analysis, incident handling, and vulnerability management or testing, system patching, log analysis, intrusion detection, or firewall administration
- Desirable certifications include CEH, CISSP, and SANS GCIA or GCIH or GSEC or similar.
- In depth technical forensic investigation and analysis skills, includes TCP/IP knowledge, networking and malware code reverse-engineering experience
- Good understanding of Telecommunications would be desirable
- In depth knowledge of information security and risk management standards
Benefits And Perks
- Flexible hybrid way of working (work from home and office)
- ‘Stay Connected Mobile’ – Access to a free mobile plan
- ‘Stay Connected NBN’ – Access to a free NBN 100 plan
- ‘Your Leave’ - an additional 4 days of leave to be used whenever you like - every year
- Access to TPG Learning Hub platform and internal development opportunities
- Access to Corporate Partner Discounts
Our TPG Telecom Spirit
We believe in the power of meaningful relationships to support vibrant, connected communities where everyone belongs. You will join a supportive company that is diverse and inclusive, and celebrates what makes our employees different, as well what brings us together. We want you to bring your true self to work, and to feel like your contribution matters. We encourage ambition in everything we do, from telco solutions to customer experience, to community impact. You will have real opportunities to take charge and take control.
If you think the power of people and collaboration can make a meaningful difference in the world, then APPLY NOW to help us build a better future.
Bolder and better together!
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and those of underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for roles unless they meet every single criteria. At TPG Telecom we recognise that what may make you different, makes the difference!
We’re all about enabling every individual to be their authentic selves and creating a place where everybody belongs. If you are excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to APPLY NOW regardless. You may just be the right candidate for this or perhaps another similar role with us.