About the job
Job Requisition ID: 31790
Analyst and Leadership roles in Cyber Threat Hunting and Incident Response – Defence, Fed Govt and Critical Infrastructure - Canberra (other locations will be considered)
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
- Work with our international network and technology alliances
- Recruiting across multiple levels of experience for specialised client offerings
What will your typical day look like?
You will be part of a mission-focused, high-performing team of cyber security and risk specialists supporting the Defence sector, Federal Government and critical infrastructure.
We focus on our client’s most complex cyber security capability challenges and work closely with the Deloitte international network and technology alliances to bring best of breed that meet the needs of the fast-changing strategic threat and risk environment. We are an inclusive and diverse team of technical skills and professional backgrounds working together in collaborative client project teams. Does this sound like a good fit for you, if so, read on?
About Cyber Threat Hunting And Incident Response At Deloitte
Due to the investment and uplift in our Cyber capability, Deloitte is expanding their Threat Hunt and Incident Response portfolio. The Deloitte SOC offers curated threat intelligence, incident response and monitoring. We simulate tactics used by real attackers to test existing threat response mechanisms, highlight areas of weakness, and ensure all aspects of the response system work together seamlessly. We provide a proactive threat hunting service to identify and investigate advanced threats using telemetry from Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) tools, log data from our Cyber Data Lake, SIEM platforms and other tools in your environment. We provide an end-to-end service from detection through to containment and remediation. We are skilled to identify incident management gaps in current processes and procedures, and streamline response to adversary techniques to help remove the adversary from your environment through containment, eradication, and remediation actions.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You may have all or some of the following skills / experiences:
- It’s essential you have Australian citizenship, and you need to be able to maintain NV1+ security clearance (Citizen’s with no clearance or baseline can be sponsored).
- Ability to work under pressure, often coordinating multiple tasks at once.
- Advanced collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience responding to security breaches in a government environment. Knowledge of mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery approaches to minimise business disruptions & commercial consequences
- Sound understanding of incident response techniques including triage, containment, investigation, forensics, chain of custody, working within authorised boundaries, malware analysis, etc.
- Experience in the implementation of security administration controls and measures to mitigate risk
- Knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures, along with tools and processes related to intelligence gathering and threat hunting (proactive threat identification, continuous monitoring, malware analysis, documentation).
- Monitoring system users and their activities for compliance with policy, and experience writing and running search queries to follow a chain of events
- Skills and experience in navigating a SIEM as an incident analyst
- Stay current on cybercrime trends, vulnerabilities and investigative techniques
- You will be confident providing cyber security risk management advice to stakeholders
- You may have industry certifications such as CISSP, CySA+, CEH or GIAC
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive. We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the role for you? Apply now. We’d love to hear from you! #RAFA
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.