About the job
- Exciting time to join Suncorp as we move our data centres to the cloud
- Collaborative and supportive team environment, hybrid working model
- Work with some of the latest technologies on the market
We’re never just satisfied with how things are – because we know how things could be. And it’s our expert Technology team who forge ahead every day to make those ‘what ifs’ a reality.
Welcome to a place where you can chase real progress and drive real change. And that includes your own career. Being a part of Technology at Suncorp Group means being switched on, endlessly curious and always adaptable. In return, you’ll be supported to bring your own ideas to the table and challenge conventions – with the aim of making life a little brighter, simpler and better for our customers and each other.
About The Role
The Network, Security and Directory Services within Infrastructure Service Delivery team is responsible for running Suncorp’s Network, Security and Directory Services platforms.
This service specialist role is focused on security technologies, primarily Firewall, Proxy, Application Load balancing, Endpoint Protection, IPS, IPSec and Encryption systems and on governing IT Managed Service Providers to deliver best in class, end-to-end operations and BAU services, through governance, reporting and continuous service improvement initiatives.
In addition to being a skilled cloud technology professional this role would suit someone who is adept at working with MSP’s and building relationships to ensure an effective service provision.
This is a fantastic time to be joining Suncorp as we move our data centres into the cloud and work with some of the leading technologies on the market.
What You’ll Do
- Using your time, talent, and technologies to enable and empower your service delivery partners. Identifying and building tools (self-service, automation) to help with continuous delivery, continuous development, and security based operational delivery.
- Manage the daily operations (Testing, Pre-Production & Production Platform Support, Critical Incident Mgmt., System Health Check & Monitoring, Change Mgmt., System Upgrades and Maintenance) of our on-premise, co-lo and cloud-based platforms.
- Work closely with our offshore MSP providing advice and guidance where needed to ensure Suncorp maintains high performing, highly available, and highly secure environments.
- Provide governance of the MSP’s performance both operationally and strategically.
- Provide specialist expertise and oversight across Suncorp’s security technologies, primarily Firewall, Proxy, Application Load balancing, Endpoint Protection, IPS, IPSec and Encryption systems.
- Drive automation and self-service.
- Provide support to assist in the resolution of incidents.
- Identify and report operational risks to Delivery Manager.
- Provide robust tools and platforms to support and advice to our customers.
- Continuously improve the monitoring of the team’s platforms.
- Ensure adherence to Run framework enabling a fast pace of change and transition into production.
- Ensure adherence to Suncorp’s SIAM framework and ensure quality of Change, Release and Deployment.
- Ensure availability and health of all Infrastructure systems and services.
What You’ll Bring
- At least 3 years’ experience of IT Security operations in a large organisation and experience working with an MSP
- Security technology experience including some of the following:
- F5 Network Load Balancers and Web Application Firewalls
- Firewalls – Palo Alto Networks
- Proxy Services – Bluecoat/Symantec/Netskope
- VPN Appliances for third party Internet Connections and Financial Business Partners
- Endpoint Security Products - Symantec AntiVirus/Data Loss Prevention, Trend Deep Security, Crowdstrike, Airlock
- Incapsula – Content Caching, Web Application Security and DDOS Mitigation
- Experience with Cloud connectivity technologies AWS/Azure
- Knowledge of:
- Infrastructure Services
- Vendor management/governance.
- Working with partners.
- Strong communication skills and a can-do attitude, team player
What We Can Offer You
- Discounts and offers on a range of retail favourite stores as well as banking and insurance products.
- A range of flexible working and leave options, including 20 weeks paid parental leave 4 weeks paid secondary carers leave, and unlimited paid emergency response leave.
- Invest in your brighter future with ongoing study support and career development programs.
- Give back to our communities with payroll giving, donation matching and paid volunteer leave.
- Prioritise your work/life balance with our robust employee assistance program and dedicated employee council.
About Suncorp Group
We’re proud to be a part of the Suncorp Group family alongside some of Australia’s most trusted and diverse names in insurance. Together, we share a drive to make the complex simple and bring our customers peace of mind when it matters most – while helping to evolve and innovate the ways we can serve our community every day. That comes with all kinds of exciting opportunities for you to grow your own career. Whether you’re guiding people through life’s biggest moments or providing them with support in times they need it most, you’ll be driven forward by our shared customer obsession and supported at every step of the journey.
For over 100 years Suncorp Group has been driven by our guiding Purpose – to build futures and protect what matters. To ensure we deliver on that Purpose, we’ve made a commitment, built on trust, empowerment, and flexibility – to help our people unlock their full potential and unleash their best and brightest selves. With the backing and support of some of the most trusted names in banking and insurance, the Suncorp Group family provides our people with every opportunity to grow their career as they make a meaningful difference for our customers and our communities. We’re excited about what we can achieve together, working every day to be better, do more and realise the future we want to see just beyond the horizon.
If this opportunity sounds like the challenge you have been looking for, please apply online today.
At Suncorp we build inclusion by providing an environment where everyone can be themselves and feel valued, involved and respected for their perspectives and contribution.